New Year, New Policies!
Hello and happy new year! Whether you've just recently found my shop, or have been a long-time fan, I want to thank everyone for all the support you've shown me during the rough year that was 2020. For almost a decade, mintandapple's main focus was on selling in-person at various conventions across North America, using a spare bedroom and garage in my house as my studio space for fulfilling online orders. Of course, come March 2020, selling in-person is no longer an option for the time being. Since then, I've moved back to Brooklyn, got a separate studio for art and order fulfillment, and I've opened up a new online storefront here at mintandapple.com. And while I've gotten a phenomenal outpouring of support this past holiday season, I'm looking to slow down and set some boundaries to achieve a healthier work / life balance this coming year. Thus, here are some 2021 policy updates and FAQ:
- Fanny packs and wallets are currently in transit to my studio from my supplier. Please understand that while I've been doing my best to get the process going and provide meaningful updates to you, this situation has otherwise been out of my control. A large amount of my time spent working has been answering direct messages regarding the fanny packs. I understand that it's easy to miss my updates on Instagram or Kickstarter... for this reason, I'm currently launching a campaign to preemptively message every person on Etsy who ordered a fanny pack or wallet to get them in the loop about the big delays. Please be patient because I literally have hundreds of messages to go thru.
- Speaking of which, the best way to contact me is either thru Etsy direct messages, or the contact form on mintandapple.com! Moving forward, I will no longer answer direct messages on Facebook or Instagram (except for reposting IG story mentions). Simply put, its difficult to keep track of messages and reply on these platforms. If your message is regarding an order, include your order number. Please understand, mintandapple is literally just me and my partner. For my mental health, I only answer messages while I'm in the office, so it may take me several days to reply. While I can't provide perfect 24/7 customer service, I do read and reply to every message as honestly and wholeheartedly as I would if we were to meet in person. Even then, I still get a lot of messages; I'd really appreciate your patience in my response time.
I now ship orders out once a week from my studio in Brooklyn, usually on Monday. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the post office is experiencing unprecedented delays that are out of my control. 90% of the time, I do not have more information than is provided with your tracking number. Here are the current shipping estimates as of Jan 1 2021:
United States: 3-10 days after shipping notification.
International: 1-4 months after shipping notification.
- For international shoppers: customs checks are made randomly. Buyers are responsible for any customs or import taxes that may apply. Customs may also cause delays. If your order is affected by customs, your country's customs office will contact you with the phone or email you provide.
- Due to recent changes to the UK shipping laws, I do not offer shipping to UK at this time. I'm currently researching the tax laws, but in the meantime, orders made to the UK from mintandapple.com will be canceled and refunded. You can, however, currently make orders to the UK thru my Etsy shop.
- My Etsy storefront no longer offers fanart due to an increase in copyright takedowns. All my fanart can now be found on mintandapple.com. Furthermore, Etsy takes more of a cut than Shopify, so while my Etsy is still open for the organic traffic it provides, the best way to support me is by shopping here on mintandapple.com.
That about covers it! You can see the full detailed policies / contact page here. This year, I want to spend more time drawing and living mentally healthy by setting boundaries between my work and home life. I feel like being transparent about my workflow with you is the best way of achieving this. Let's make 2021 a much better year than the last!
- Mint & Apple